Moving Government Institutions with Ease
- Office buildings (including the entire floor plan, small offices, conference rooms, meeting centers, staff rooms, etc.)
- Banks (tables, office furniture, counters, dividers, bookshelves, heavy safes, filing cabinets, etc.)
- Museums (showcases, large displays, benches, artifacts, art pieces, etc.)
- Agencies (desks, conference tables, front counters, etc.)
- State corporations (office furniture of all types, executive offices, reception areas, meeting spaces, etc.)
- Courts (benches, lecterns, wheelchair-accessible workstations, monitor carts, cabinets, kiosks, digital signage, evidence carts, console tables, witness stands, etc.)
- Library and archives (desks, bookcases, shelving, lounge seating, display cases, youth furniture, storage facilities, etc.)
No matter the type of government moves, our movers specialize in public institution moves of all kinds. Our customer service representatives can assess government moves and give you an accurate estimate of the process of your move. We will present you with a detailed estimate of all costs involved in your move. We can offer various-size trucks to accommodate even the largest government moves.
We will even offer to move during evenings or weekends to offer the least disruptions during a large-scale move.
When moving government institutions like museums or archives that house extremely valuable or priceless items, Total Distance Solutions can offer specialty moving services to accommodate these special circumstances.
Some items require exquisite care and attention, (transporting rare artifacts, antiques, or Canadian treasures) and our movers can offer specialized moving services to meet even the most scrupulous needs during government moves.
Full-Service Government Moves Include:
Packing of all items including secure items for public institution moves
Transport of all office items (including any item not able to be packed in boxes)
Moving office furniture (any furniture not able to be packed will be disassembled and wrapped in moving blankets in order to offer additional protection during the moving process)
Handling and transport of textbooks and books requiring transport when moving governmental institutions
Transportation of government vehicles along with government moves (we don’t exclusively move vehicles, but will do so when combined with other services)
Moving Governmental Institutions
When moving government institutions, it is essential to inform the public that you will be making a public institution relocation. Even if you are moving down the road. It is essential to announce publicly that you are relocating your office or center.
If government moves require new office equipment or furniture due to changing workspace needs, our public institution moves specialists can also pick up new items from a warehouse and deliver them to your new location. We also offer furniture assembly services.
Government moves are challenging and require many different moving parts to contribute to a successful move. Public institution moves can be complicated and if you don’t stay organized, it can be easy to lose track and things can unravel very quickly.
Below is a checklist to help with moving governmental institutions:
- Planning (have a detailed plan before making government moves. Have all the important dates, including all inventory, track office supplies, and equipment, and list all furniture required to be relocated in a public institution moves)
- Packing (hire a professional moving company that specializes in government moves. They can send out a team of professional packers to pack up all items, disassemble furniture, and move office equipment, photocopiers, printers, scanners, etc.)
- Transport (a great moving company that focuses on government moves will transport your items safely in a public institution relocation)
- Unpacking (On arrival, government moves specialists will unload the moving truck, unpack all items, and reassemble all furniture and place them in appropriate spots in your new office or space)