1. A Luxury or A Necessity
Unlike breathing, hiring an unpacking service is not a necessity…but it should be! Do you know how much easier your life would be if you didn’t have to worry about unpacking your things when you move? A long-distance unpacking service should be something everyone gets to experience when moving.
Long-distance moving is stressful, having to deal with the following:
- Canceling all utility services at your old house and setting up the new ones at your new location
- Going through all your closets and getting rid of clothing you no longer want or need
- Sorting through toys, games, and miscellaneous knick-knacks to give away, sell or throw away
- Sorting through your garage and basement (which are typically momentous tasks)
- Driving to the dump to dispose of garbage
- Going to the recycle depot to drop off items needing recycling
- Dealing with people coming to see the stuff you are trying to sell online
- Cleaning and organizing your home to prepare for packing
- Visit with friends and family who you won’t see because you are moving long-distance
- Disassemble all furniture (bedroom, office, kitchen, living room, dining room, etc.)
- Pack up…every…single…item…in…your…house
- Load the moving truck with all things
- Clean the house from top to bottom
- Travel to your new home (book hotels, flights, if moving very long-distance)
By the time you finally arrive at your new destination, the last thing you want to deal with is the unpacking of all your things: thank goodness for unpacking services for long-distance moves.
3. Unpacking Expertise
A lot of times, when people unpack boxes, they just want to put things back the way they were at their old place. When hiring a long-distance unpacking service, it’s like having your own personal organizers. Because we deal so regularly with moving, our professional unpackers have a really good sense of how to improve the productivity of different spaces.
Of course, our unpackers will always do what the customer prefers, but if you do want our opinion, we are more than happy to oblige!
Part of the process will include a detailed discussion, including all the wants of the customer. Together we will make a detailed unpacking plan so that all our unpacking services will be executed to suit the wants and needs of the customer.
What’s included when you hire our unpacking services for long-distance moves? Here’s a list:
- Unpacking all boxes (in every room)
- Unwrapping every item and identifying items that have been damaged or broken during the moving process (if you used our packing services as well, any item damaged or broken will be replaced at our cost)
- Putting everything away (as per your wishes)
- Reassembling all furniture and placing them in appropriate rooms
- Hang curtains, pictures, art, TVs, shower curtains, etc. (all details will be discussed prior in order to make the best use of our time and yours)
- Organize and put away items in the garage, basement, kitchen, etc.
- Remove all packing material from your home before we leave
You can choose all of the above services or just a few. We can fully customize your unpacking services when you call Total Distance Solutions for an estimate.